JLMT Application Form - Completion Notes (please read carefully)
- You must be a current member of the CBSO Youth Orchestra and have completed at least one course (or have left the CBSO Youth Orchestra within the twelve months preceding your application having completed at least one course) to be eligible to apply for a JLMT award.
- Applications can only be made during the annual application window which is between the CBSO Youth Orchestra's course in October (usually the half term holiday) and 30th November. Applications made outside of this window cannot be accepted.
- The total value of the JLMT award(s) to be made in 2020/21 will be in the region of £4,000.
- All information submitted to the JLMT is treated as confidential and will not be disclosed to any person outside of the Board of Trustees.
- Please ensure that you complete all fields fully prior to submission. Fields labelled with a red asterisk are mandatory.
- Please do not close this window until your application has been successfully submitted as none of your information will be saved.
- You may wish to print this application form just prior to submitting it, so you have a copy for your records. You will also receive a copy with your confirmation email after your application has been successfully submitted.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to provide two references to support your application - see Section 7 below.
Section 1: Personal Details
Section 2: Project Details
This request for assistance will enable me to meet the following expense necessary for my musical development:
Please include evidence to support the stated cost(s) of your application (e.g. shop/seller/service provider quotations, advertisements, etc.) by either attaching a document (click "Choose File…" below), or by including one or more relevant web addresses in the 'Project Description' box above. Provision of supporting evidence for your stated cost(s) is a mandatory requirement.
Please list the two most recent education establishments you have attended, with dates:
Section 4: Musical Experience, Interests and Activities
Please tell us about your musical experiences, interests, activities and ambitions (short and long term) including, for example, the ensembles in which you play, any music awards/scholarships which you have been awarded, any festivals/competitions in which you have competed, where you hope to study in the future, etc:
Section 5: Financial Circumstances
The actual details of the applicant’s personal financial situation (or those of their family) are not required, but it would be of great help to the Trustees if the applicant could give a brief outline of the financial circumstances leading to this request below. All information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be shared with anyone outside of the Board of Trustees.
If yes, please provide details below:
Note - if the results have not yet been received, please indicate below when you expect to be notified of the outcome. If the project(s) for which you have applied exceeds the sum the James Langley Memorial Trust (JLMT) has available, applicants are encouraged to apply to other statutory and voluntary sources in addition to the JLMT:
For applicants in tertiary education only, please now complete the following INCOME and EXPENDITURE sections. Applicants who are not yet in tertiary education should proceed directly to Section 6: Further Information.
INCOME (complete only if in tertiary education)
Student Loan(s) - Tuition Fees
Student Loan(s) - Maintenance
Maintenance Grant (if applicable)
Parental Contribution (if applicable)
Other Income (e.g. from gigs, teaching, etc.)
EXPENDITURE (complete only if in tertiary education)
Accommodation (please deduct any Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit)
TOTAL EXPENDITURE PER YEAR: £
Section 6: Further Information
Please add any further details you consider relevant to your application here:
Two referees will be needed for this application, at least one of whom should be able to write of the applicant’s musical ability and be familiar with the purposes for which the application is made. It will be of great assistance to the Trustees if referees are also able to give an outline of any other circumstances leading to this application.
Please either include the completed references with your application by compiling them into one document and uploading it by clicking "Choose File…" below, or ask each nominated referee to e-mail the JLMT Hon. Secretary, Caroline Jephcott (firstname.lastname@example.org), with their reference directly.
Please note that it is your responsibility to provide the two references to support your application.
Please also include the name, telephone number and email address of your two referees below:
Thank you for taking the time to complete this application form. Please check it thoroughly before submitting. You may wish to print this application form prior to submission, so you have a copy for your records.
After checking (and printing, if required), please complete the declaration and security question below, and then press the 'Submit Application' button. The JLMT Hon. Secretary will then confirm receipt of your application via email in due course.